Welcome to Stoplearn.com online secondary school 1 First term. Here you can learn Mathematics for Senior Secondary School 1 online free of charge at no cost. Our contributors on this subject are well trained and highly qualified tutors and we hope the students find this very useful.
At the end of this lesson, you the student should be able to learn or understand:
SCHEME OF WORK FOR SS2 MATHEMATICS
S S 1 FIRST TERM MATHEMATICS, SCHEME OF WORK
- Revision of Jss3 work and basic operations of integers; addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Number Bases; [a] Conversion from one base number to base ten. [b] Conversion of decimal fraction [bicimals] in one base to base ten. [c] Conversion of numbers from one base to another.
- [a] Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of number bases . [b] Application of number bases to computer programming.
- Concept of Modular Arithmetic; Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of operations of modular arithmetic.
- Standard form and Approximation
- Indices; [a]Application of laws of indices. [b] Negative, zero and fractional indices.
- Review of first half term and periodic test
- Logarithms of numbers greater than 1 [whole number]→ use of logarithm table for multiplication and division of numbers.
- Logarithms CTD; [a] calculations involving powers and roots. [b] Relationship between indices and logarithms.
- [a] simple equation and variation. [b] Change of subject of formulae. [c] Type of variation; direct, inverse, joint and partial variation. [d] Applicationof variation to practical problems.
First and foremost, this course is primarily for Senior secondary school students. You can learn your classroom subjects here online. So the first target audience is the secondary school or High school student. Also any one preparing for Ordinary Level examination like GCE, WAEC, JAMB, NECO will find this online tool extremely useful.
You should have at least completed Junior Secondary school to learn this subject. Nevertheless, its available to any one who finds it useful.
Computer and Internet Requirements
We have built StopLearn.com to be very responsive across all devices. So your Android or iPhone or Smart phone should do the job. Also you can use your Tablet, iPad, Laptop or Desktop PC to enroll anywhere you are.
Just for clarity purpose, your computer or mobile device should match these software specifications for taking the course.
- Compatible with all Android and iOS systems.
- Opera mini browser not recommended
- Chrome, Edge or Firefox browsers recommended -Use any PC browser – latest stable version
Laptop and Desktop Platforms
- PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10)
- Mac ( OSX 10.5 or later)
Hardware / Internet Requirements
- Built in sound or sound card
- Computer microphone or regular telephone for Webinar or Live Office Hours participation
- High-speed Internet connection (at least 1 Mb download speed — click here to check your speed)
- Latest version of Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Apple Safari
For advert placement/partnership, write [email protected]
- Lectures 21
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 31
- Assessments Yes
- WEEK 1 - REVISION AND BASIC OPERATIONS OF INTEGER
- WEEK 2 - NUMBER BASES /BASE NUMBER
- WEEK 3 - 1. [A] ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION OF NUMBER BASES . [B] APPLICATION OF NUMBER BASES TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING.
- week 4 - 1. CONCEPT OF MODULAR ARITHMETIC; ADDITION, SUBTRACTION, MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION OF OPERATIONS OF MODULAR ARITHMETIC
- WEEK 5 - STANDARD FORM AND APPROXIMATION
- WEEK 6 - INDICES
[a]Application of laws of indices. [b] Negative, zero and fractional indices.
- WEEK 8 - LOGARITHMS OF NUMBERS GREATER THAN 1 [WHOLE NUMBER]→
use of logarithm table for multiplication and division of numbers.
- WEEK 9 - LOGARITHMS CTD; [A] CALCULATIONS INVOLVING POWERS AND ROOTS. [B] RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN INDICES AND LOGARITHMS.
- WEEK 10 - [A] SIMPLE EQUATION AND VARIATION. [B] CHANGE OF SUBJECT OF FORMULAE. [C] TYPE OF VARIATION; DIRECT, INVERSE, JOINT AND PARTIAL VARIATION. [D] APPLICATIONOF VARIATION TO PRACTICAL PROBLEMS.